Tuesday 6 October 2015

Introduction to Main Task and Action Plan for Main Task

For my main task, my AS Media coursework (which is worth 50% of my final AS Media grade) is to create a front cover, contents page and a double page spread of a new music magazine of a genre of my choice.


Firstly, I will be researching and planning. This is worth 20 out of 100 marks. I will research what music magazines already exist, and find out what genres are least available to buy. I will plan my initial ideas and research my chosen sub-genre. I will then analyse existing music magazines in my second week (12th October). The next week I will produce mock ups of my music magazine and start planning for production.


Production is worth 60 marks out of 100. Magazine production will begin on the 2nd November and I will manage my time and use it wisely by keeping up to date. I will use InDesign and Photoshop on my magazine and my photographs included in my music magazine. I will begin to design my front cover. By the 16th of November my front cover should be completed and I should now move on to designing my contents page. Then on the 23rd of November I will start designing my double page spread.


Evaluation is worth 20 marks out of 100. I will begin my draft evaluation during the Christmas holiday (21st December - 4th January). I will develop my evaluation the week I arrive back at college and I will complete it by the 11th of January.


My deadline is Friday 29th January 2016. I will have no more lesson time to work on coursework after the 18th January.

No comments:

Post a Comment